The Niagara Falls are iconic and if you’re thinking about looking into RV rentals, you should consider making them a top priority on your road trip. As one of the top must-see places in the U.S. (and Canada), it’s important to plan ahead.
Whether you choose to make a Canadian road trip out of it by going to the Canadian side, or you want to go ahead and explore the American area, you can be sure that there is plenty for you to appreciate during your visit. There is nothing quite as impressive as these falls in this part of the world, making it an experience that you won’t soon forget.
Whether you’ve been there as a child or have never been there before, it’s definitely one of the best sites to see while road tripping in the U.S. If you’re already in the area, why not take a detour to the falls? To help you get the most out of a Niagara Falls, consider the following:
- Try to view the falls from above-The Niagara Falls are beautiful however you see them, but can you just imagine being able to view them from above? There are helicopter tours that can take you to see the falls from a bird’s eye view and what better photo opportunity could you have than that? Plus, it’s one of the only ways to see them without getting soaking wet. While you may like the idea of getting close the majestic falls, you can be sure that the view from the sky is breathtaking. Why not do both?
- You could possibly get drenched when you visit the falls-Don’t wear your favorite shoes that will get wrecked by water when you visit Niagara Falls. Whether you visit from the Maid of the Mist or you observe the falls from an observation deck, it’s a wet area and you’re bound to get wet anyway. If you don’t want to risk damaging your favorite clothing and items, make sure to leave them at home. A rain coat is always a good thing to bring with you should you decide to visit the Niagara Falls.
- You’ll want to visit the area known as the Cave of the Winds-Located on the New York side of the falls, Cave of the Winds is a popular spot for people who want to get up close and personal with the falls. You can get very close to the falls without worrying about falling in. Just be forewarned that you may get soaking wet when you explore the Cave of the Winds. Don’t worry, a poncho and shoes provided should be enough to keep you protected and if not, well, it’s an experience of a lifetime.
- Visit with plenty of time and be prepared for some waiting-The thing about Niagara Falls is that there are a lot of people who also want to see the falls. This means that long lines are a common thing when visiting Niagara Falls. If you really can’t stand waiting in line but really want to see the falls, then try visiting in the early morning or later afternoon. Many people make a point of seeing the Niagara Falls while road tripping in RV rentals, so go ahead and join the crowd—literally.
- Grab a bite or drink on 3rd St. in Niagara-Not all the attractions have to do with raging waters. 3rd street is a great spot where you will want to wind down and relax. After a long day enjoying the falls, you may be in the mood for spirits and a gourmet meal. Head on over to 3rd street in downtown Niagara. There you’ll find great places for good food and drinks. The area also sees many a festival throughout the year, so you may get lucky and visit during one of them. From music fun to forest explorations, there is a little bit of something for everyone in the Niagara area.
The Niagara Falls are probably something that you’ve heard of all your life. They must have captivated you when you were young. The fact that the falls are both fast and high and share two countries makes them an iconic natural destination that draws visitors regularly.
If you are already planning a road trip in the north eastern part of the U.S., why not include Niagara Falls on your list of places to visit. There are campgrounds for RV rentals to park their vehicles, to allow visitors the freedom to explore the area. It’s sure to be a fun time and at least you’ll get some amazing shots of one of the most impressive sites in the country. Not many falls come close to the majesty of the Niagara Falls. Don’t miss out!